Soar – Rising Superlight
The Soar is the Light version of Rise 4. Do a lighter glider than already light Rise 4 was not easy. The goal of AD is to have a durable, performant and very light glider. This is the Soar. Maybe the lighter of the market on his category.
For pilots looking for an affordable XC glider, very light, good performance and agile.
Construction and Features
We used our experience in building light gliders -such as the HERO- to create the Soar, the light version of the Rise4. Cloth on top and bottom and ribs are all made in double coated skytex27 (classic II).
The lines are unsheathed (Aramid, Edelrid 8000U), risers are made with a 3,7mm dyneema rope from Edelrid named Taurus.
Nitinol rods have been used in the leading edge for extra weight saving, best robustness allowing super compact folding, and optimized sail tension.
And This Superlight mix of material offers maximum lightness, durability and function.
|Area flat (m2)||18,77||21,34||23,83||25,91||28,08|
|Area projected (m2)||15,97||18,16||20,27||22,04||23,89|
|Span flat (m)||10,54||11,24||11,88||12,39||12,89|
|Span projected (m)||8,47||9,03||9,54||9,95||10,35|
|Aspect ratio flat||5,92|
|Aspect ration projected||4,49|
|Start weight (kg)||50-65-72||60-78||72-92||85-105||100-125|
* 50-65kg is the standard payload, 65-72kg is an increased payload (both areas EN-B)
• Obersegel/Top Sail/Extrados: Porcher Skytex 27 classic II
• Untersegel/Bottom Sail/Intrados: Porcher Skytex 27 classic II
• Rippen/Ribs/Cloisons: Porcher Skytex 27 hard
• Gallerieleinen/Top lines/Suspentes hautes: Edelrid 8000/U-070, 090
• Gabelleinen/Middle lines/Suspentes moyennes: Edelrid 8000/U-130, 190
• Stammleinen/Main lines/Suspentes basses: Edelrid 8000/U-190, 230, 280
EDELRID Taurus – ~3,7mm Dyneema Rope
- Rucksack Comfort (XXS, XS, S: 100l – M, L: 130l) & AirPack 50/50
- Kit with Manual (USB stick)
- Repair Materials and AirDesign Stickers