Strengths of the new Airdesign Ride 3
- Perfect for lighter passengers – allowing you to maintain speed, performance and agility
- Perfect usability at top weight loading
- A wider usable weight range than ever conceived before
- Size M: It’s an M size tandem. It’s not a small or large wing; therefore it sits in between the conventional sizing concept and is perfect for most tandem pilots (consider the L size if you are >95kg or are consistently loading your wing towards the higher end).
- Size L: This sizing allows you to support a higher take-off weight, without compromising speed or performance characteristics when loading at the bottom end.
- Compact sizing also results in better handling and a wider speed range, offering a greater level of canopy stability and reduced overall glider weight makes the new Airdesign Ride 3 one of the best options.
- Reduced issues associated with lack of penetration in strong headwind conditions
- The new HLP profile provides excellent climbing characteristics as well as easy inflation and lift-off.
- High Lift Profile (HLP): Provides greater lift compared to standard profiles. Therefore, it’s possible to load more weight on a compact sized glider and still have the feeling of lift that you‘d normally expect from a larger wing; giving perfect speed throughout the weight-range, incredible lift and awesome handling, one of the best features of the new Airdesign Ride 3.
- Compact sizing: Ensures perfect flying characteristics on low loadings. Maintains handling agility and stability.
- Revised trimmer system: Extremely effective trimmer range enables excellent top speed – accelerating up to +11kmh when fully opened, while also ensuring that the wing is stable and handles perfectly, a good point for this EN B tandem.
- Big-ears system: Split A-risers to support big ear line retention via the newly developed spreader ball keeper system. (SKS)
- Reduced overall weight due to compact sizing and optimized inner construction utilising a durable time-proven material mix, ideal for commercial use.
|Area flat (m2)||39,54||41,69|
|Area projected (m2)||33,66||35,18|
|Span flat (m)||14,53||14,92|
|Span projected (m)||11,42||11,73|
|Aspect ratio flat||5,34||5,34|
|Aspect ratio projected||3,91||3,91|
|Total line lenght (m)||368||368|
|Lines diameters (mm)||0,95/1,15/1,4/1,8/2,2||0,95/1,15/1,4/1,8/2,2|
|V-Trim / V-Max (km/h)||38/+11||38/+11|
|Take-off weight (kg)||115-215||135-230|
- Size L not certified yet
• Top sail: Dominico 30D
• Bottom sail: Dominico N20
• Ribs: Porcher 9017 E27 / 70032 1580 E4D
• Top: LIROS DSL70/120
• Mid: LIROS PPSL200/275
• Main: EDELRID 7343-420, 7343-280
• SEO KWANG, Korea – 1″ Nylon –
• LIROS, Germany – 00185-1300
• SEO KWANG, Korea – Type13 Nylon – 1-23/32”, 7000Lbs
Soft spreader 20mm (not included):
• SEO KWANG, Korea – 3⁄4” Nylon – 2300Lbs